Tool Design Specialist
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
The purpose of the job is to lead the tool design team to ensure the tool designs meet the customer/end user requirements.
- Responsible for the outputs of tool design of track molds and molding related parts aligning with company set standards, ISO, QA and SHE standards to achieve the set KPI’s.
- Design reviews for new products & relevant tools for Track molds, fulfilling customer/end user requirements by performing feasibility studies, project planning, analysis, 3D modeling, Cost calculations in collaboration with Camso technical center, and adhering to the product development roadmap planning.
- To make sure 2D drawings & 3D models in Solid Works are correctly generated for Tracks and moulds for mold & accessory importing.
- Guarantee accurate design production in a time efficient & customer focus way by establishing standards, templates, mathematical & scientific modules, applications and enhancements
- Responsible for design & implement systems to manage tool design data by ensuring compatibility and interoperability in organization
- Responsible for setting standards & work procedures of tool design cycle and conducting research on mold & tool development
- Advise to resolve day-to-day technical problems related to the product & relevant tools on the production lines in manufacturing plants by ensuring conformity to standards in safety, reliability, performance & quality if needed
- Handling of special projects which are created by Camso technical Center / Business Unit (BU) and provide support/ consultation on specific projects
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring the manufacturability, cost efficiency & reliability of the designs and Lead, guide & develop product & tool design team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering/ advance diploma or relevant equivalent qualification
- 5 to 8 years relevant experience preferably in manufacturing environment
- Experience in product design & mold/tool design techniques.
- Advance Knowledge on engineering drawings based on Auto CAD , Solid works environment
- Familiarity with KPI monitoring and measurement techniques
- Knowledge with PDM,PLM systems
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Sinhala
Join us to sharpen your skills, further your career and contribute to both your and our success. Discover an authentic workplace where your talents can shine while working as part of a team that values who you are.
We want to hear from you