Quality Assurance Specialist
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
Responsible for quality operations during product quality planning of new product launch to support factories for smooth execution and strengthen plant quality engineering activities in the quality road map.
- Support factory on quality operations during product quality planning for smooth execution of the new product launch liaise with R&D and process engineering teams.
- Interface with product validation and R&D teams to development of Failure Mode Effect Analysis, derive quality control plan and factory communication during validations and ongoing changes.
- Initiate accurate quality measuring systems, to ensure all products and processes meet the highest quality standards.
- Administrate the elements of Business unit Quality Information System and use statistical process control techniques to improve the process capability.
- Regular quality report preparation and conduct Business unit quality reviews.
- Coordinating communication and training of workers and staff of factories on tactical and strategic projects initiate by Business unit.
- Support to maintain and upgrade the BU wide Quality Management System.
- Work with relevant parties on customer issue management as well as on the raw material claim issues towards our suppliers to close them timely manner and avoid recurrence.
- Drive Cost of quality tracking, reporting and managing across the Business unit factories.
- Actively involve and Support factories the behavior during the maturity of Built-in Quality journey, sharing best practice and collaborating with colleagues outside of own sphere of business.
- Perform any other responsibility as assigned by the management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ of hands on experience in manufacturing environment and experience in rubber industry would be preferred.
- Sound knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Advanced Production Quality Planning (APQP), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Product Failure Mode and Effect Analysis to generate Control and Inspection Plans is a must.
- Holding Quality/statistical related certifications would be a definite advantage (Six Sigma, Lean)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Sinhala languages.