Product & Tooling Design Specialist
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
The Tooling Design Specialist will work with the Design Manager, Product Development, R&D, Production, Project Managers and other stakeholders to initiate and bring to fruition Mold design developments, as well as the continued improvement of existing tooling, materials of manufacture and related technology.
The Tooling Design Specialist will take a lead role in the design of new molds as well as bringing input on existing design, production tooling and new technology. The Tooling Design Specialist will also take a key role as incubator and testbed for new tooling innovations.
- Keep abreast of, study and report new mold technologies and processes, including but not limited to; (De)molding, venting, heating, insulation, release, cleaning, maintenance and coatings.
- Lead in the building, role -out and usage of a comprehensive “toolbox” and database of all tooling mold components as well as parametrically driven aids for design and drafting purposes (both 2D and 3D where needed)
- Design of new tooling and technology concepts and to lead projects in the evaluation of said designs.
- Work further on parametric implementation in design development process for tooling and molds.
- Trains and develops new and existing employees in design conceptualization, processes, tooling, eventually parametric usage and other high level design processes.
- Involvement in implementation of PDM system for MH, specific to mold toolbox, training for users and role-out of system.
- Participate actively in regular reporting and meetings
- Perform such similar, comparable or related duties listed above as may be required.
- BSc. in engineering/manufacturing or equivalent qualification in related field
- More than 5 years of relevant experience
- Mold Design, Manufacturing, Strong 3D and Parametric Design Skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English & Sinhala