Legal Counsel, Corporate Affairs
Want to break new ground? Dare to step off the beaten path, join the Road Free crew.
Reporting to the Legal and Corporate Affairs Director, the selected candidate will be involved in all the corporate law matters of the Corporation and its subsidiaries doing business across the world.
- Provide legal advice to our internal partners on all corporate law matters;
- Monitor the compliance by the Corporation and its subsidiaries of its annual and punctual corporate requirements (for example: holding of annual meetings, filing of corporate declarations and reports, registration of ultimate beneficial owners, etc.);
- Maintain up to date of the corporate information of the Corporation and its subsidiaries and communicate such information to our internal partners, our shareholders, our financial institutions with whom we do business and to the auditors of the Corporation and of the subsidiaries;
- Draft corporate documents for the Corporation and its subsidiaries;
- Coordinate the execution of the legal work executed by or in conjunction with outside legal counsel including defining the engagement, fee quote approval and adherence thereto and billing approval;
- Oversee the implementation of various projects involving the corporate affairs (corporate reorganizations, capital injections, repatriation of funds, liquidations, mergers, etc.) by the participation to coordination meetings, the drafting of step plans and the coordination of the legal work performed by outside legal counsel;
- Draft, analyze and provide comments to business and financing contracts;
- Contribute and participate in strategic planning for Legal Affairs Function and team projects consistent with the strategy.
THE PROFILE TO SUCCEED
- You are a member of the Québec Bar (LL.L. or LL. B);
- You have 2 to 5 years’ experience as in-house counsel in a reputable corporation or in a top-tier law firm;
- You have in-depth knowledge of corporate law (essential);
- You are proficient with Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- You have strong customer focus and a positive approach;
- You have the ability to drive execution, makes decision and influence;
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written in both English and French;
- You are open to occasional travel, fewer than 10% of the time.
THE ROAD FREE CREW
The Legal team in Magog includes 6 achievers, authentic and industrious people from different backgrounds. In this role, you collaborate closely with the global finance team.
At Camso there’s always space to grow; together we define our goals, then it’s up to you to find the way that’s right for you. Choose to work in a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams.
JOIN US WHERE THE ROAD ENDS.