Global Transportation Manager
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
Reporting to the Distribution & Global Transportation Director, this role will be accountable for planning, execution and system optimization regarding all transportation services (any mode : AIR, SEA, ROAD, COMBINED, etc.) deployed at CAMSO Worldwide.
Additionally, the Transportation Manager will support the integration of 3 different TMS (Transportation Management System) at CAMSO worldwide. Two of them are outsourced with 3PL (3rd Party Logistics) and one is to be developed through a software company based in Sri Lanka.
- Maintain ON TIME delivery service at best in class levels - Define & maintain masters of customer (internal & external) deliveries requirements
- Contribute to service providers selection & develop SOP (Standard Operational Procedures) management
- Maintain & develop transport service provider performance / capabilities in a way to ensure end-to-end freight services success.
- Establish & maintain KPI processes attached to operations & service providers management
- Maintain accurate cost reporting in all services / areas -
- Collaborate with Finance to establish cost reporting processes
- Develop procedures to maintain total reconciliation of transport services invoicing
- Develop Cost sharing Programs with suppliers & maintain best financial performance
- Establish volumes & consolidate scope of Transportation budget
- Be accountable for budget maintenance & respect.
- Report & comment any deviation against budget
- Propose necessary actions plan to mitigate budget deviations
- Maintain knowledge management on market conditions & mitigate impacts for business
- Contributes to development of best practices in transportation management by leading projects in this specific areas
- Contributes to construction of Operations Plan Concept for new business development or changes in commercial markets.
- Ensure compliance with company policies
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Professional certification or graduate in supply chain or transportation preferred.
- 5-8 years experience in a high volume global supply chain environment managing freight forwarding and trucking services.
- Advance knowledges of Air, Ground & Sea transportation, freight forwarding and contingency in SC operations
- Knowledges in customs management & regulations is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office
- Excellent level of spoken and written English
- Knowledges on TMS (Transport Management System)
- Travelling outside the office required 20% -30% of the time
- Attributes / Soft skills (Interpersonal, commercial, managerial, flexibility…)
- Demonstrated business sense and customer focus orientation
- Strong organizational skills in a multi tasks environment
- Solid presentation skills
- Strong analytical capacity
- Effective communication skills with peers, management, employees, customers, and vendors.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative, works with a minimum of supervision.
- Team player; works cooperatively with others to solve problems and willingly helps others
Join us to sharpen your skills, further your career and contribute to both your and our success. Discover an authentic workplace where your talents can shine while working as part of a team that values who you are.
We want to hear from you.