Finite Element Analysis (FEA) Specialist (Location: Belgium- Gent or Magog, Quebec - Canada)
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
Reporting to the Finite Element Analysis Structure Senior Expert, the selected candidate will conduct finite element analysis and will be part of the research and development efforts done by the Advanced Technology Department of Camso. The person will have the valuable opportunity to work alongside an elite team of multicultural people consisting of great simulation analysts, chemists and product engineers. The main responsibility for this position will consist on developing analytical tools using Abaqus FEA code for new generations of tires for the Construction vehicles. In Addition, he will also be required to work in great collaboration with the other different engineering teams of all the three other business units (Powersport, Material Handling & Agriculture vehicles). The new team member will have to interact with material testing laboratories at the various Camso Technology Centres, located in Canada, USA, Belgium, and Sri Lanka.
- Conduct FEA simulations for the research and development of the new generation of Radial Tire projects;
- Create new FEA codes, either using ABAQUS or other software/tools, for the mathematical definitions of complex thermo-mechanical properties of rubber;
- Work together with the technicians of the Advanced Technology group to procure reliable material characterization for FEA codes using internal and external laboratories;
- Document the simulations projects into Camso database (reports & presentations);
- Develop communication and establish strong interaction relations with the multiple tire and track clients, both internal or Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), to help the progress of R&D.
- M. Sc or PhD in mechanical engineering or related fields;
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in the fields of research and development of elastomeric products;
- Relevant experience in tire simulation or research is a strong asset;
- Knowledge of elastomer simulation is an asset;
- Knowledge of simulation with FEA. ABAQUS is an asset;
- Knowledge of CAD software – ProEngineer (CreoView) and Solidworks is an asset;
- Proficient with MS Office;
- Excellent level of spoken and written English;
- Good working knowledge of spoken French is an asset;
- Travelling outside the office (USA, Canada, Europe, Sri Lanka) is required 10% of the time.
Attributes / Soft skills
- Strong analytical capacity: can analyze lot of data and draw useful analysis and conclusion / models;
- Self-motivated; takes initiative, works with a minimum of supervision;
- Teamwork approach: works cooperatively with others to solve problems and willingly helps others, solicit feedback and is open to other ideas and approaches;
- Demonstrated business sense and customer focus orientation: understand the business needs and align his/her work and output accordingly;
- Strong organizational skills: set priorities follow up on tasks and respect deadlines;
- Good communication skills; : can share ideas and concepts in a concise and structured ways to technical & non-technical audiences;
- Effective communication skills with peers, management, employees, customers, and vendors.