Category Sourcing Specialist - Metal (Location: Remedello, Gent, Magog, Duisburg or Luxembourg)
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 26 countries around the world, with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. We have 3 R&D centres, 22 manufacturing plants, and operate an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dreams. You want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
As the next Category Sourcing Specialist Metal your main responsibilities, in a Global Comprehensive Approach to Procurement, will be to add value to the business with a target of improvement of the total cost, cash and quality of the delivered goods and services. You will also be responsible for creating partnerships with suppliers representing quality products and negotiate with them for the group BU or plants.
- Support the sourcing strategies (3-5 year vision) related to your Category and ensure implementation;
- Elaborate the adequate sourcing strategies (3-5 year vision) related to the sub Categories you are responsible for, and ensure implementation;
- Find, select and approve preferred suppliers;
- Identify global and alternative strategic procurement sources in order to reduce supply costs;
- Define supplier and product qualification for the core suppliers;
- Identify sources, new materials and technologies;
- Ensure compliance with negotiated agreements and volumes;
- Coordinate supplier quality audits and supplier capacity analysis per critical/strategic supplier;
- Coordinate strategic sourcing to minimize TAC (Total Acquisition Cost) for the BU;
- Negotiate contracts with global strategic key suppliers to cover needs of all relevant Business Units;
- Support the plant in the resolution of strategic issues with suppliers;
- Ensure links with Engineering and Marketing;
- Develop and own business continuity plans covering supplier’s short or long-term service disruption;
- Measure and report contract and supplier performance laboratories at the various Camso Technology Centres, located in Canada, USA, Belgium, and Sri Lanka.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Strategic Sourcing (national and international)
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial negotiation
- Knowledge on metal category technologies (Forging, Casting, Stamping, Machining, …)
- Networking and negotiating experience
- Bilingual with excellent English
- Demonstrated business sense and customer focus orientation
- Available to travel outside of the office 30% of the time
Location: One of our offices in Remedello (Italy), Gent (Belgium), Duisburg (Germany), Luxembourg or Magog (Canada). Home office or flexible conditions available.
Join us to sharpen your skills, further your career and contribute to both your and our success. Discover an authentic workplace where your talents can shine while working as part of a team that values who you are.
We want to hear from you.